September 18th, 2019
Wastewater Treatment Plant Supervisor
The Town of Wiscasset is currently accepting applications to fill the position of a full-time Wastewater Treatment Plant Supervisor.
The Wastewater Treatment Plant Supervisor performs a wide variety of labor, maintenance and supervisory duties in order to operate and maintain the town’s Wastewater Treatment Plant. Work involves the supervision of all staff involved in various activities, the preparation and administration of the departmental budget, and the scheduling of departmental activities and projects.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Selects, trains, motivates and evaluates personnel; provide or coordinate staff training; conduct performance evaluations; implement discipline procedures; maintain discipline and high standards necessary for the efficient and professional operation of the department.
- Performs any and all necessary mechanical or electrical repairs at the plant or pump stations.
- Maintains the sewer system program including accurate record keeping, sewer cleaning, and manhole maintenance.
- Insures work crew follows all safety equipment and procedures under hazardous conditions.
- Operates the sludge belt filter press and disposal truck for the sludge utilization program, following D.E.P. regulations.
- Processes control of the biological wastewater system through lab analysis including quality control of the lab, and reporting the results.
- Insures implementation and/or compliance with all pertinent local, federal and state regulations
- Orders necessary parts and supplies for the repair and proper maintenance of equipment and pump systems.
- Performs building and pump station grounds care: painting, mowing, cleaning, snow removal etc.
- Follows and oversees all safety policies.
Position Qualifications: Must be a high school graduate and possess a Grade III wastewater treatment license with four years of experience or any equivalent combination of experience and training. A valid State of Maine Driver's License and a Class B CDL driver’s license or ability to obtain one is required.
Applications are available at the Town of Wiscasset Human Resource Office or can be downloaded at www.wiscasset.org under the “Employment” tab.
To apply submit an application, cover letter and resume to the Wiscasset Town Manager at 51 Bath Road, Wiscasset, ME 04578; electronic submissions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will commence October 16th and continue until the position is filled.
The Town of Wiscasset offers competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. The Town of Wiscasset is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
September 10th, 2019
Public Works Seasonal Driver/Laborer
The Town of Wiscasset has an immediate opening for a seasonal part-time Class II driver within the Public Works Department. Duties will include the operation of light and moderately heavy trucks and equipment, general maintenance throughout the town, and sanding and snow removal of town streets. Satisfactory completion of a pre-employment physical is required as well as drug testing. Candidates must have the ability to work successfully with a team. Class A or B Driver’s license is required. Applications can be found at the Town Office or on line at www.wiscasset.org. Applications can be submitted to Human Resource, 51 Bath Road, Wiscasset, Maine 04578 or by email at email@example.com Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
The Town of Wiscasset is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
August 30th, 2018
Police Department Openings
Part Time Police Officer(s)
The Wiscasset Police Department is seeking qualified reserve officers.
Applicants must have successfully completed Phase I and Phase II of The Law Enforcement Pre-Service Training Program or already be certified by the Maine Criminal Justice Academy. Applicants must be able to successfully complete medical, psychological and polygraph examinations, pass an extensive background investigation.
The Wiscasset Police Department relies heavily on its reserve staff to provide continuous police services to the community.
All successful candidates will have to pass an extensive background investigation, which may include a psychological, polygraph, and medical examination. Persons with questions are urged to contact Chief Larry Hesseltine at 207-882-8202 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can be obtained at the Town of Wiscasset website, or by contacting Chief Larry Hesseltine at the above email address.
To apply please submit a cover letter, resume, and employment application to:
Wiscasset Police Department 51 Bath Road, Wiscasset ME, 04578 Attn: Chief Larry Hesseltine
July 1st, 2018
Wiscasset Ambulance Service
The Town of Wiscasset is accepting applications for Per-Diem EMTS, AEMTS, and Paramedic. Applicants must be highly motivated and able to work in a team environment.
Pay averages are; EMT - $13-$15; AEMT - $15-AEMTS, and Paramedic - $17-$20.
All applicants must provide the following documents with their application: current license, valid driver's license, high school diploma or equivalent, additional education and EMS certifications (AVOC, NIMS 100, 200 and 700; cover letter, resume and three references)
Applications may be obtained at the Wiscasset Town Office or by Clicking Here. Further information can be obtained from the Wiscasset Ambulance Service, 51 Bath Road, Wiscasset, ME 04578 or email@example.com