Wiscasset Fire Department
51 Bath Road
Wiscasset, Maine 04578
The Wiscasset Fire Department provides fire protection and emergency response for the citizens and visitors of the Town of Wiscasset. We also provide “Mutual Aid” support for our neighboring towns including Alna, Dresden, Edgecomb, Westport and Woolwich, just to name a few. The department is a “paid on call” department and has a roster of more than 20 members. Regular and advanced training is offered (and often mandatory) to all members. All members are trained in all aspects of fire suppression, vehicle extrication, water rescue and hazardous materials as well as the Incident Command System.
The department is led by a Fire Chief, who is elected annually by its membership, and is paid an annual stipend. The Chief is also paid hourly for his leadership at fire scenes.
In 2022, the Wiscasset Fire Department responded to 199 calls for service in Wiscasset and our neighboring communities.
The fire station is located at the municipal building at 51 Bath Rd. in Wiscasset. The department also maintains a fire training facility which is equipped to train firefighters in controlled burn evolutions and incident training sessions. Vehicles and pieces of equipment housed at the fire station include:
- Rescue 1 – 1996 GMC / Rescue 1 medium duty rescue truck
- Engine 6 – 2008 KME Predator Panther engine with 2000 GPM / 1000 gallons
- Engine 7 – 1993 Pierce Dash engine with 1250 GPM / 1000 gallons
- Ladder 1 – 1993 Seagrave 100’ rear mounted aerial ladder truck
- Tank 4 – 1994 GMC / S&S tanker with 500 GPM / 1800 gallons
- Brush 5 – 1993 GMC pickup with 250 skid tank for grass / brush fires
- Rescue boat – 25 ft. Mako center console rescue boat
Fire Chief: Robert Bickford email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Burn permits are available free of charge from the Maine Forest Service at www.maineburnpermit.com or Warden’s Report at www.wardensreport.com.